Income Source Certification Requirements
Last updated: Feb 24, 2023
Income Source Certification must be issued by the financial service organizations (i.e. Banks, Mutual Funds, Capital Trust Firms) that handle your finances. It must state the existence, performance and location of the bank issued by an official of the financial organization. The certification needs to state your name, your qualifications, and that you will be receiving via mail/electronic transfer/wire in a permanent, stable and irrevocable manner a minimum monthly income of:
- $2,500 U.S. dollars per month - if filing for permanent residency as an annuity recipient
- $1,000 U.S. dollars per month -if filing for permanent residency as a retiree for at least five years starting on the date that the certification is issued.
Income Source Certification issued by a business or a company must consist of a collection of certifications:
- A letter issued and signed by the manager or president of the company stating your full name, your title, your qualifications, and that the company will allocate at least $1,000 U.S. dollars per month for you while you stay in Costa Rica.
- A signature certification of legal capacity or equivalent document for the representative of the company who signed the letter.
- A registered certification or equivalent document stating that the company has been in business for at least three years.
- A certification stating that the independent CPA is legally authorized to issue such registration, either by the city's College or Registry Office.
- Registration issued by an independent Certified Public Accountant (CPA). The CPA must state the same information as the representative of the company, attesting to the validity length of time the company has been in business; moreover, the CPA must ratify that the monthly $2,500 U.S. or $1000 U.S. dollars will be sent in a permanent, stable and irrevocable way. (In case the irrevocable term can not be used, please state "not subject to conditions." Provided that it is revocable, it must state that the ICT will be informed.)
- Three bank references showing the funds available to the company.